LLLGB offers an online antenatal course consisting of two sessions, each lasting two hours. These are live, interactive sessions (not lectures or webinars), that encourage discussion and connection.
Beginning Breastfeeding will help you to prepare to breastfeed your baby. In addition to empowering you with the knowledge and techniques needed to get started, it also connects you to free unlimited breastfeeding resources from La Leche League and into a community of breastfeeding families.
After reading below, Please get in contact for more information and to sign up!
Upcoming dates in Scotland
Wednesday 7 July 13:00-15:00 and Saturday 10 July 13:00-15:00[FULL] Wednesday 18 August and Sunday 22 August, 10:00-12:00[FULL] Tuesday 24 August 19:30-21:30 and Friday 27 August 16:00-18:00 Sunday 12 September and Wednesday 15 September, 10:00-12:00[FULL] Tuesday 21 September and Tuesday 28 September, 19:30-21:30[FULL]
- Tuesday 19 and Wednesday 20 October, both 10:00-12:15pm
- Tuesday 26 October and Tuesday 2 November, both 19:30-21:30
- Tuesday 9 and Tuesday 16 November, 09:45-11:45am
- Wednesday 10 and Thursday 11 November, both 10am-12pm
- Friday 19 November 16:00-18:00 and Tuesday 23 November 19:30-21:30
- Tuesday 23 November and Thursday 25 November, 10:00-12:15pm
- Upcoming dates for Scotland will be added once confirmed. Please let us know if you would like to be emailed when they are released.
- More dates are available with LLLGB, which you’re welcome to attend! Please email the LLLGB Antenatal Course Coordinator for more dates.
What to expect
- How breastmilk is made and how breastfeeding works
- How to tell if your baby is getting enough milk
- How to establish and protect milk supply if the baby is not yet ready to breastfeed, and where to find reliable help for breastfeeding challenges
- A range of breastfeeding positions
- Evidence-based sources of information and support
- What is normal newborn behaviour
During pregnancy, many of us focus on the birth and prepare ourselves for this. As with the birth, thinking about breastfeeding and preparing for it before the arrival of the baby can empower and help us to navigate any hurdles that may arise along the way – challenges that can be overcome with care and support.
The group is limited to 10 mothers (with or without support partners) to help you to create that first support network pregnancy, birth and beyond.
Spaces for the courses are offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
This comprehensive course is free of charge – you are welcome to make an optional suggested donation of £40 to LLLGB and/or perhaps you’d be interested in membership?
🎉La Leche League also welcomes anyone pregnant to join our regular meetings – see our calendar for upcoming dates.