LLLGB offers an online antenatal course consisting of two sessions, each lasting two hours.
Beginning Breastfeeding will help you to prepare to breastfeed your baby. In addition to empowering you with the knowledge and techniques needed to get started, it also connects you to free unlimited breastfeeding resources from La Leche League and into a community of breastfeeding families.
Upcoming dates in Scotland
Sunday 28 March 15:30-17:30 and Wednesday 31 March 7:30-9:30pm[FULL] Wednesday 14 April 10:00-12:00 and Sunday 18 April, 10:00-12:00[FULL] Sunday 25 April 19:15-21:30 and Wednesday 28 April 19:15-21:15[FULL]
- Monday 26 April, 14:00-16:15 and Monday 3 May 14:00-16:00
Wednesday 12 May 10:00-12:00 and Sunday 16 May 10:00-12:00[FULL]
- Monday 24 May 14:00-16:15 and Wednesday 26 May 19:00-21:00
- Tuesday 15 June 10:00-12:00 and Tuesday 22 June 10:00-12:00
- Monday 21 June 14:00-16:15 and Wednesday 23 June 19:30-21:30
- Wednesday 7 July 13:00-15:00 and Saturday 10 July 13:00-15:00
- Upcoming dates for Scotland will be added once confirmed. Please let us know if you would like to be emailed when they are released.
- More dates are available with LLLGB in England and Wales, which you’re welcome to attend! Please email the LLLGB Antenatal Course Coordinator for dates and booking.
What to expect
- How breastmilk is made and how breastfeeding works
- How to tell if your baby is getting enough milk
- How to establish and protect milk supply if the baby is not yet ready to breastfeed, and where to find reliable help for breastfeeding challenges
- A range of breastfeeding positions
- Evidence-based sources of information and support
- What is normal newborn behaviour
During pregnancy, many of us focus on the birth and prepare ourselves for this. As with the birth, thinking about breastfeeding and preparing for it before the arrival of the baby can empower and help us to navigate any hurdles that may arise along the way – challenges that can be overcome with care and support.
The group is limited to 10 mothers (with or without support partners) to help you to create that first support network pregnancy, birth and beyond.
Spaces for the courses are offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
This comprehensive course is offered free of charge – you are welcome to make a donation to LLLGB or perhaps you’d be interested in membership?
Please get in contact for more information and to sign up!
La Leche League also welcomes anyone pregnant to join our regular meetings – see our calendar for upcoming dates.